Coach Derek has one goal in mind; We want to teach children lessons in the game of sport and the game of life. With more than 25 years of experience and 30,0000 children (and counting), our goal is to be the reason your child keeps playing!
Coach Derek Core Values
- The Introduction: Research has shown, the first impression a child has with sports/exercise is the most important. This impression can alter a child’s life. At Coach Derek Inc., we make this first impression positive and healthy. We combine fun and good health, so each child wants to keep coming back. You always feel better after you exercise, right?
- Nope, it’s Not just Soccer… At Coach Derek Inc we play soccer, baseball, football, basketball, tennis, volleyball and MORE. Our staff believes an introduction to every sport allows each child the opportunity to find what works best for them based on their skills and likes.
- We build relationships… At Coach Derek Inc., we get to know each child we work with in a meaningful and healthy way. By building and establishing a positive, healthy RELATIONSHIP, we can have a real impact on each child’s life. The win/loss record is never our focus.
- What if my child isn’t athletic? If your child doesn’t want to play a particular sport, that’s OKAY. While we work on the life lesson: “Not Quitting,” we put more value into each child learning their individual strengths, true talents and intrinsic value. Sometimes just showing up and trying something new is the best “Not Quitting” life lesson.
- We offer a guarantee. If you aren’t HAPPY giving Coach Derek Inc. your money, then WE ARE NOT happy taking your money. We are in this for the long haul, not just one season of your child’s life.
- Begin where you are. We start where your child is, not some “idea” of where your child should be. If we don’t meet at their current skill level, we can’t get where we want to go!
- Show up with a plan. Children choose for themselves among different structured activities. In this way, they build the experience in their own way, but with our careful guidance. Enjoying exercise and sports is one of our goals. We never want to be the reason a child doesn’t like sports or exercise. At Coach Derek Inc., we keep it loose and, we keep it fun. In this way, we build on small successes with each child.
- A healthy dose of competition is OKAY. It’s important children learn how-to-win and how-to-lose helps. This is the game of life. Win-or-lose, there’s always another mountain to climb and another game to play.
- Afterschool is our job too. If your child, at any point, wants to learn a sport, or your school needs an afterschool program, Coach Derek Inc. wants to be the one to establish, build and nurture their experience.